• Includes carry case with wheels, sternum pad, valuables pouch and instructional DVD.
Innovative Composite Avila II Frame
• Space age composite materials are pressure molded into a strong and stable patented frame.
• Leg and seat shapes plus the chair angles are designed to provide the optimal weight distribution for maximum comfort.
Infinitely Adjustable, Very Stable
• Three quick levers optimize chair fit for everyone from children to 350 lb. adults.
• Stainless steel clutches and reinforced chest clamp provide unparalleled strength and stability.
• Soft Support™ removable cushioning pads wrapped in supple Natursoft™ upholstery provide the ultimate in chair comfort.
• Patented composite frame
• High quality, Soft Support™ removable pads
• Natursoft™ Upholstery in seven colors (Amethyst, Black, Burgundy, Hunter, Maries Beige, Mystic Blue and Teal)
• Compact design
• Stainless steel clutches
• Package includes: chair, carry case with wheels, sternum pad, valuables pouch and instructional DVD
OPTIONAL FEATURES:not available on website, call to order
• Ultraleather® upholstery
• Weight: 22 lbs
• Max. Working Weight: 350lbs
• Lifetime Limited Warranty
• CE Mark
• Chair is extremely comfortable
• Infinite settings
• Able to work on large (350lbs), I even believe I worked on one gentleman who was a bit larger than that
• Even a toddler (3 year old) was comfortable in the chair and remained for a 7 minute chair massage
• I love the rolling travel bag that comes with the chair
• It is composite frame, not plastic. Although there may be some plastic components, I am not sure.
• Almost too much chair for a traveling therapist who only does chair massage intermittently; more ideal for a set chair placement, in an office, or dedicated therapist room
• Even though I love the rolling bag, it really takes practice to get the chair back in; it fits in one way exactly. Not a lot of wiggle room here.
• When taking the chair in and out of the bag, need to remember exactly where to place fingers so the chair doesn’t pinch your thumb. As therapists, we can’t hurt our thumbs. There is no flag or marking on the chair where to grab.
• There are two screwing devices to slide the headrest up and down. All of the other adjustment levers are controlled by one. It is slightly annoying to adjust over and over when you are doing 5 minute massages at an event and people are up and down.
• A therapist needs to practice the chair adjustments to get efficient doing the adjustments. Other massage chairs are way simpler and switching between clients is more efficient, although might not be as comfortable.
My overall experience with this chair is wonderful. However, I almost feel as if it is too much chair. I only do chair massage a couple times a year, so I need to review everything from setting it up to adjusting it just to ensure I remember. I really feel this is a better chair in an office/spa setting or an environment where you are not traveling with it. If you do a lot of chair massage, then you won’t have to remind yourself of the mechanics of the set up. Other chairs are way simpler in design to pick back up without a review.
The first time out of the bag, I pinched my thumb taking it out. There is no sign, or tag, that says lift from here…so I just went all in. Also, the chair does not stay in a locked position so when you lift it out, it moves on you. Since it is a bit heavier than what I am used to, I got my thumb. Be aware and you won’t hurt yourself.
Finally, there is only one way to get the chair back in the bag to make it fit. If you don’t remember, or have your directions with you, it’ll take you a minute. As I mentioned before because there is no lock position when it is ‘folded down’ then you have to be careful not to hurt your fingers as you move it around to fit perfect.
I have no trouble with it tipping or leaning when I roll it around, and it leaves my arms free to carry all my ‘other stuff’ when I go to events. It is a great rolling bag, very similar to luggage at the airport. All it needs is swivel wheels next.
I have also worked with Earthlite’s other model, the Vortex. It doesn’t have a rolling bag, but it is so light to carry. The set-up, take-down is much simpler. In/Out and done. No pinching since it is lighter or trying to remember anything. It is much more limited in the adjustments, but as a mobile unit, the chair delivers simplicity and strength. Between the two types of chairs, you really have to weigh how often you will need it and how many adjustments you will want to have available for the comfort of the clients. The Avila adjustments aren’t rocket science, but you do need to take the time to learn it to fully utilize the advantages of all that chair.(Posted on 2/21/14)
Check box or click on product to add to the cart or select all